A multi-purpose, inter-generational Community Center is planned for the Holmen Area.
The volunteer group working on this project spent several years gathering information and exploring building sites and design alternatives with residents and community leaders.
Now with the new lead gift from Dave and Barb Skogen, plans for the renovated building are under development.
Community goals include a focus on Nutrition, Wellness and Connectedness by:
• Keeping youth safe and involved
• Providing retired adults accessible spaces for gathering
• Offering families a place to spend quality time together
• Bringing generations together to share their gifts
This 40,000-sq. ft. Community Center will provide attractive multi-purpose spaces for:
- Gatherings & Meetings: Multi-purpose rooms (with flexible dividers to expand or reduce space) can accommodate area groups, lectures, poetry readings, teen center programs and other cultural events. Large area can accommodate civic gatherings and other social events.
- Recreation & Fitness: A full-size gymnasium is planned for community use, such as athletic leagues for adults and adolescents, teen center activities, exercise, yoga and dance classes, etc.
- Youth Activities: A Boys & Girls Club will offer a safe, positive place for young people to gather after school, in the evenings and in the summer. Academics, music, technology, arts/crafts, exercise, leadership, career development, nutrition and communication skills will be the foundation for these activities.
- Retired Adult Programs: Nutrition and exercise; musical performances; card and board games; tutoring and reading; travel and educational lectures, etc.